Sunday 17 July 2011

Just how much cross stitch stash would £161 million buy me ?

I couldn't resist buying a ticket for the euromillions £161 million lotto draw last Tuesday.   Sadly it wasn't me that crossed off all 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars but well done to the scottish couple, I hope you enjoy it.  I don't think I would have gone public had it been me but hey I'll worry about that when I win....


I always wait a few days before checking my ticket whilst I daydream about how I will spend the money and whilst I wait for Camelot to report that the monies have gone unclaimed, ticket bought from my local town, these are the numbers, is it you?  I also play on-line and I would so love to know what the e-mail would say when its millions you have won ?.  Usually its -We have some news about the ticket that you bought for the ??? draw.  If the scottish couple had bought their ticket on-line - would the e-mail have said, We have exciting news about your ticket!  We suggest you pour yourself a stiff drink and ensure you are sitting down before you log in to see how much you have won....

Once all the boring post lottery win stuff is done (paying off the mortgage/holiday/sharing the good fortune with family and friends), I think I would want to spend a few quid on my cross stitch hobby.   I'm sure sewandso would be agreeable to me paying a little visit to their warehouse.  Or should I just e-mail them and say, hey guys, send us £500,000 worth of stuff would you ?   One can daydream....

Back to reality.  Another weekend has passed me by and I feel sad that I haven't done any cross stitch.  I'm hopeful though that once the evening meal is sorted that I'll be able to sit in front of the box with my little mouse kit and at least get half an hour of stitching in.   

In the meantime, I'll go back to daydreaming, just how much stash would £161 million get me ?  would sew and so have enough stash to fulfill such a large order ......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mina,

    Just to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award to say how much I enjoy your blog. If you want to find out more about this, you can check my post about the awards on my blog at http://cornishamy.blogspot.com/2011/08/and-thank-you-annalisa-for-my-liebster.html.

    I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete